So, my insane, twisted mind is taking the playable characters of the heroic fantasy series Fire Emblem and forcing them to work as drilled soldiers in a more modern battalion. Trained in technologies, these confront a level of war they could not understand before.
There are roughly 500 playable characters across every Fire Emblem game. Enough to fill a small-medium battalion. Several large problems are:
- Age and condition. These range from the very young to the elderly.
- Division of labor. These people range from kings to lowly nomads.
- Willingness to go into the more drudgerous parts of the unit (support, etc), which ties into the above point.
- Degree of support the FE Battalion would have from higher levels.
- Overall objective and type of opponent they’d be facing.
Another question mark is what the basic type of battalion it would be. A boring but effective plan would be using the healers as the basis for a medical unit and using the rest as just guards and clerks to support them. But since logic got thrown out, I might as well have them be a line unit.
A mechanized one, with the horse-mounted fighters as vehicle crews and the footbound ones as dismounts? Or a lighter one that takes advantage of their experience in less-developed conditions?
And finally, which of the heroic commanders would get to lead the whole unit?
My count was preliminary and either ignored or double counted the same characters appearing in different games. But it’s around that number.
This is actually clear. It’d be a conventional conflict against a powerful but not too powerful OPFOR.